SOS Children’s Villages International recruits a HR Coordinator.
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages.
As a non-governmental social development organisation, we support children without parental care and families in
difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the
rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and
territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year. To support us with
this important responsibility we are now looking for a committed Procurement and Logistic Coordinator.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Human Resources & Organisation Development Coordinator drives the operational support and development of HR/OD in the Regional Office. She works closely with line managers of all functions to build their capacity in HR/OD and supports the implementation of strategic and operational HR/OD objectives and international and regional HR/OD policies.
Under the guidance of the HROD Director, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
Meeting policies and procedures
- Meets international policies (basic policies, core policies, quality standards) and international & regional policy support documents of the HR/OD function.
- Prepares and assures a timely and appropriate payment of salaries
HR systems and practices
- Assists in the identification of staffing needs, the job analysis & design (Job descriptions)
- Ensures that proper job descriptions are in place and regularly updated for all established positions in IOR WCAF
- Ensures the development and maintenance of the HR administration system in the IOR WCAF (starting from recruitment processes to setting up a staff file system, issuing contracts, leave administration, social contributions and tax payment, management of medical/health insurance, maintenance and update of the PMM, etc.).
Staff Performance, Training & Development
- Assists managers in the identification of staff training/development needs/opportunities, elaborate and implement development plans
- Processes employee requests for external training while complying with policies and procedures.
- Promotes integrated staff development system including staff induction, learning and development, performance management and organizes orientation on key SOS CV policies (Code of conduct, Child protection policy, etc.)
- Assists to maintain a good work environment and ensures compliance/adherence to local labor laws and to SOS CV key policies.
- Promotes safe and healthy workplace practices
Overall assistance to the HR/OD Director
The HR/OD Coordinator works on any other HR/OD actions as assigned by the Regional Director HR/OD.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree in Human Resources or in another relevant field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar position
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, meet deadlines while keeping a good team spirit.
- Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and organisational skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Leadership and Autonomy competencies
- Ability to work in a cross cultural environment
- Fluency in English and French (spoken and written) is necessary
- Commitment to Children rights and passion for children empowerment
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application: CV, cover letter in English and your last degree (diploma) by April 18th 2021 at 11.00pm at the latest to firstname.lastname@example.org
The position title must be mentioned in the subject line.